Learn Japanese language in class/lesson near you! Japanese lessons for beginners/intermediate/advanced
Are you looking for a Japanese language lesson near Southend, Westcliff, Leigh-on-sea, Hadleigh, Benfleet in Essex? Native Japanese tutor in your local area?
Students who are looking for intermediate/advanced Japanese lessons (above JLPT 4), please get in touch! We would love to have you in our class!
Japanese language lesson for teenage 12 – 18 years old
Have you been wanting to learn Japanese but have been unable to find a class near you for your age group? – This is the class for you!
The lessons with the Japanese Language Club are fun and educational.
The teaching aim of the club is to make learning fun, to engage student’s and to help absorb knowledge easily.
Students will learn about the Japanese culture including arts and crafts, as well as the language.
I teach all levels including GCSE, A-Level and JLPT qualification.
Please note that GCSE course will be 4 years duration required to complete the syllabus. It can be completed in 3 years however in this case, a student required to attend an extra lesson in a week either one-to-one or a group lesson.
All students will be learning the following skills:
- Reading and Writing of HIRAGANA, KATAKANA and KANJI
- Japanese culture
First year of the course
Cultural based learning – Students will be learning about Japan through cultural activities and will be introduced to the 3 Japanese alphabets through various games and exercises. We will focus on the understanding of Japanese culture and the learning of basic vocabulary in a fun but educational way.
Second year onwards
GCSE preparation lessons – In the 2nd year the course follows the GSCE syllabus and lessons take on a more serious format. Students who remain in class will be studying towards the exam but taking it would be optional. Homework is involved and would be expected of those students dedicated to the subject and wishing to sit the exam.
Congratulations to the following students who worked very hard and took the GCSE and A-Level this year (2018)!
GCSE result : Congratulations to
Isabela – A*
It is not too late to start learning! Come and join us!
– Holiday to Japan – Want to go to World Cup Japan 2019 and Tokyo Olympic 2020 – Visiting families in Japan, interested in the Japanese culture, Anime and films – want to take JLPT
The lesson structure is based on developing listening and speaking/conversation skills as well as reading and writing Hiragana, Katakana and Kanji. The program is aimed at learning about the following topics.
* Useful phrases * Greetings * Self-introductions * Shopping * Eating out / Ordering Foods * Booking accommodation * General conversation such as talking about weather, family, telephone call, daily routines * Asking for directions * Public transport – out & about
* Cultural awareness and different customs and religion for visiting temples, shrine and Japanese spas (onsen), how to have a bath and even how to use a traditional style and modern toilet and lots more!!
* Geographical study
* Japanese festivals
* Calligraphy sessions
* Preparation for JLPT exam
If you don’t have confidence in a group situation, I offer one-to-one tailor-made lessons to suit your needs, at your own pace in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
The class is run by a qualified teacher, Ayako Baxter, who is a native Japanese. She works at a local grammar school as part-time Japanese language teacher. – CRB checked.
All classes are held at the teacher’s house in Leigh-On-Sea, Essex.